Soft tub usage – an overview
Soft tubs are actually not inflatable but in which made up of high quality & high density foam and space-age. It is very strong yet weighs less. The outer coat is made up of marine vinyl that has the capability to withstand against any set of weather changes and provides a long lasting service. It is completely portable and self-contained that can be set up and properly installed in the patio or at the deck or even at the indoors.
And below appending is the complete guide over to know that how do soft tubs work and how do soft tubs handle:
- Placing position: The soft tub must be placed on structurally strong basement yet relatively smooth and leveled surface.
- Drainage: Please avoid placing the soft tub & the Hydrometer near the area of water puddle out
- Electric connection: Try giving ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) that is located on the power supply cord. 110 Volt GFCI is enough but then it must be shielded from extreme weather conditions, accidental spills and landscape sprinkles.
- Power supply: Be sure that the power cord is rightly and correctly plugged in. Soft tub cord has special type of plug (GFCI) which is the important feature. If there is any short in the cord, it reacts automatically by shutting down the power supply and keep in mind to push/press the “reset” button to activate the power after plugging in the GFCI connector into the electrical outlet. It is made to fit in all the home need 110 Volt outlets.
- To comply with any other local requirements, pressure wire connector in provided along with the soft tub unit in the downside of the motor unit. It has the permit connection of minimum 8 AWG (8.4 mm solid copper) bonding conductor between the point & metal equipment, metal enclosures / electrical equipment, metal water pipe or conduit within 5 feet distance.
Below appending points are noted to keep in mind carefully while installing the soft tub in indoor circumstances:
- Water splashing on the floor might cause serious issues and hazards, hence the surface must be floored appropriately
- Proper building materials must be used in the surrounding area and beneath the tub surface
- Room humidity to be considered mainly hence choose the indoor space with natural ventilation (in which chances are there for high temperature)
- Naturally forced ventilation help maintaining the soft tub placed indoor space with more comfort and minimalized moisture damage
- It is recommended to go for an architect’s advice in designing the indoor soft tub space
Below appending points are noted to keep in mind carefully while installing the soft tub in outdoor circumstances:
- See to the surface must be plain and smooth (tiles, concrete, brick or wood)
- No sharp objects must be beneath the soft tub that would damage the down surface of the tub
- Avoid placing the tub on grass or any other vegetation that cause damage to the soft tub
- If you need to walk through or cross grassy surface or any type of mud/dirt place, keep in mind to make use of stepping stones as soft tubs won’t get dirt and debris be deposited inside the tub
- Make sure to place childproof gates for the kids’ safety
Set Up Check List
- Soft tubs come with locking straps and make sure to place the safety straps in “X” mode down the tub prior filling it with water
- Do not forget to set the Hydrometer beside the soft tub with the equal level surface and align the water hoses right from the Hydrometer along with the complete fittings
- Be sure that the drive nuts to be on top of the hose and place the clamp over the hose (so that the head of the nut facing the direction that you can adjust the tightness)
- When the hose is under guiding over the tub fitting, you can push the Hydrometer towards the tub and now push them two together till the end of the hose is flush back. Herein you can connect the airline hose.
- Then slide the hose clamps towards the tub which should be 2 cm from the end and then tight the hose clamps with screw driver
- Make sure that tub and the Hydrometer is connected properly. Also make sure about those two’s placements before filling the tub. You can also adjust those two’s placements when necessary
- The Hydrometer must not be plugged in before the tub has been filled in completely
- Before adding water try smooth out all the wrinkles from bottom of the tub by using liner to the tub wall
- Add warm water of about 4 to 5 cm of 100.4 F and fill remainder of soft tub with cold water
- Check for leaks all around the tub if any, if leak is observed stop filling the water and check for hoses to be connected properly and sealed with clamps tight
- Plug in the Hydrometer into the standard 3 prong 110 Volt outlet
- Place the foam hose insulation between the tub and the Hydrometer. Attach the vinyl cover around the foam and fasten with the Velcro tabs.
- Use the water treatment guide and test the water accordingly
- Soft tub is now ready to heat to desired temperature and you can replace the lid, lock the air control and adjust the temperature for required setting. Once the water level rises about 1 – 2 cm per hour, it will start executing to the set temperature (depends upon the model)
- Now you can adjust with + or – button to fine tune the dial setting until your preferred temperature is reached
- Soft tub is now ready to use and this is mechanism answer for the question of how do soft tubs work!
Be sure to follow the user manual and guide right from the soft tub installation and execution to ensure the safety measures. Keep reach out of children which is most important!